Sponge Bob Douche Pants

Let's travel back from memories of a heartbreaking Halloween birthday to the summer.  June 6th, He was angry that I wouldn't spend the afternoon at the movie theater.  I had been sick the week before and was looking forward to resting at home.  Instead of understanding, he became verbally abusive so I retreated to my bedroom with my 10 year old where we curled on the bed and read books.  Back in the living room, my younger sons were watching cartoons, Sponge Bob, on TV.  He was angry because he wanted to watch something else on TV and wanted to watch it on the TV in our bedroom.  There are 4 TVs in the house, only one of which was in use.  He became angry when I said, "No," and began pounding on the bedroom door, demanding I let him in.  I told my 10 year old everything was all right, that Daddy was "playing silly" and continued to read our book.  Next thing we know, my husband's hand pounds through the door, feels around until it connects with the door knob and unlocks the door.  As frightened and startled as I was, I had to laugh as he looked like Thing from the Adam's Family feeling around blindly as he was.  He let himself in the room and demanded that we let him watch the TV in the bedroom.  He tells me that I will never lock him out of anywhere again.  I tried to make it a joke with my son about how silly Daddy was being, just like the Hulk, busting his hand through the door.  I hope he never knows fear from that incident, only bewilderment at an adult's loss of control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice! Remember you haven't walked a mile in my flip flops.