Little Miss Freakin' Sunshine!

Hey!  Here's a novel thought.  Let's not focus on damaged, bruised souls today.  I had a completely awesome, fantastic Tuesday.  Tuesdays are inherently evil as they are His dinner dates with the kids.  Rush from work, take specific kid to therapy, rush to police station, and exchange children for dinner visit.  Waste time for two hours, back to police station, collect kids, rush home, homework, late bedtime for kids, complete exhaustion for mom.  I know!  Sounds fun, right?  The Custody Hustle.  But yesterday, I was in my groove the entire day, all through the evening.  Shout out to Panera's Bread for the *FREE* Valentine's sugar cookie.  Eatin' it for breakfast, Y'all Rock!  So to honor my inner Leslie Knope (God, I love her.  She's who I used to be in my naive, pre-abuse, pre-all that other horrid shit state) we're going to keep on the theme of totally good Karma and channel the greatest girlfriend of all time. 

I very proudly share with you America's BFF, Vicki Iovine.  She's completely awesome and light years ahead in the relationship/mommy curve.  She forged the way for me, and countless, clueless others, through pregnancy and stretch marks, breastfeeding, the terrible twos, potty training, puberty, and beyond!  Lately, she has navigated the murky road to recovery from divorce and leaving a long-term partner. Thankfully, her ex was not the violent ass most of us here had the pleasure of leaving, but we can still benefit from her wit and wisdom and unabashed ability to share fully of herself.  After all, at it's core, divorce is a loss and universal regardless of circumstance. 

From Vicki's Girlfriend's Guide:  The Ten Biggest Misconceptions About Divorce


(P.S.  #10 is the reason why she is my "Girlfriend" and I love her!)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the props and for letting me know you were mentioning me in your blog. I send you nothing but love and support and I hope I can keep sharing stuff with you that helps us all get through this series of little murders. Best, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, I love you, Girlfriend, in a totally non creepy, non stalkery way! Keep forging the path; we need you!

    ReplyDelete

Be Nice! Remember you haven't walked a mile in my flip flops.