Character Assassination

Count yesterday as another set back.  I had been doing so well, making huge progress that was both shocking and pleasing to me.  Yesterday morning was spent in the courthouse and if I believed the opposing attorney, I'm a nut because I've accused the beast of abuse and assault.  In his attorney's words, if Beast had done the things I've accused him of then, "he would be a monster."  Yeah, are you getting it?  Looks like their game plan is to show that I am ten shades of crazy by accusing him of doing the things he has done.  Not that beast is crazy for actually doing them.  Can that really be what beast and attorney are pinning their hopes on - that I will somehow fail a psychiatric and social work custody evaulation?  I have seem many strange things occur in my lifetime.  Giving four innocent children to a "monster" would be the most astounding and unbelievable.  I wouldn't underestimate the courts.  I do not take this lightly.  Just please no stupid Rorschach test.  I've never taken it and have no idea what I'm supposed to "see" in a blob of paint!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, its sounds like they are grasping at straws. You have photos of your bruises, medical records of your fractures. While you don't want them to perhaps read your blog, you've got written accounts (written at the time) of what happened. Not to mention your friend who was also brutally abused. Is he up for giving evidence do you think?

    I do believe you'll get a sensible judge who'll see the beast for what he is. I'm sending you my best thoughts and wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Svasti, I just don't know. His lawyer is going with I'm the crazy one. I think even if it were proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, they would then say I was too damaged to parent my kids. It's like I'm being "gaslighted" by the entire court system. I want to live my life and raise my boys with integrity, peace and love. Instead, what I get is scrambling for at least three days after their one day visitation with their father to try and fix the disturbance he has created. He pits them against one another and against me. How can he be so hateful that he has taught a six year old to view any act of kindness as a weakness to be exploited? Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. They are much appreciated during this long and stressful time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Be Nice! Remember you haven't walked a mile in my flip flops.