PostSecret Anniversary

Today, Frank posted a "Best Of" on the PostSecret webpage.  Guess what was on there?  Yep.  Our very own "Asshole" PS.  Its been quite a while since I had looked at the picture and seeing it today without warning affected more than I realized it would.  That postcard was a talisman for my own departure from my own asshole.  Not long after that card was posted, I took the picture of my own arm and decided the same - never again.  Through the long and arduous journey of leaving and divorcing that total douchebag, I reminded myself why leaving was so important by looking at her picture and mine.  I wasn't alone and we weren't staying.  May 1, 2013 marks the third year that I walked out, completely left that stinking pile of horse shit and never looked back.  It took another two years to get the divorce, but I left and at the time, that was the most important step. 

Wherever you are in your journey, take a look at the pictures in the sidebar, the PostSecret and mine and remind yourself that he is an asshole and you deserve to leave.  And do it. 

1 comment:

  1. І'm amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's both еducаtivе and engaging,
    аnd ωіthout a doubt, you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is an issue that too few men and women are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm vеrу happy
    that I stumbleԁ acгοѕѕ
    this in my seaгch for sοmеthing rеlating tο thіs.


    my pagе ... aloes forever

    ReplyDelete

Be Nice! Remember you haven't walked a mile in my flip flops.