Witness Tampering 101

Today, my attorney called to ask me to essentially stop doing whatever it is I'm doing that's "making" the JAG attorney's prosecute Jabberwockey.  She had a conversation with his attorney and was told that if I am called to testify, my character will be destroyed on the stand resulting in my immediate dismissal from the military, possible devastating consequences to my divorce case, and general end of life as we know it.  From what I can piece together, Jabby told his attorney that he is not being court martialed and I need to shut my mouth and not poke the JAG beasts with a stick inciting them to court martial him.

I did not file charges.  For a military courts martial, the soldier's commander brings the charges which is what has happened.  If his attorney wants to apply undo pressure to someone with actual influence, he needs to talk to the commander.  I do not have the rank, authority, power, influence, money, whatever, to influence a federal court case. 

What I gleaned from a very confusing telephone call with my attorney, Jabby will be mean and inflexible in our divorce if I continue with the court martial.  That is the equivalent of saying I will grow carrots from apple seeds.  I have no influence over either of the two and certainly not a military court martial.  He is being charged with failure to obey a direct order.  I didn't give the order.  The person who did is charging him.  Let him and his lawyer call his commander and try to bargain with him. 

But let's analyze this. Jabby thinks I hold some sort of power. Has he seen a glimpse of the Alice in me? Does he really think I am capable of influencing the entire United States Judge Advocate Corps? Wow. And me without my Vorpol Sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice! Remember you haven't walked a mile in my flip flops.